“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi once said this. It is quotes like that, which keep Cody moving. Cody has always been the one to do the right thing, and the one to pursue his dreams. What better way to chase your dreams and spread your word, then through radio?!
Back in 2012, Cody started his career within the broadcasting industry at Lehigh Carbon Community College. Their radio station, WXLV Radio, gave him that chance. Ever since then he has loved every minute of his radio journey, be is sad or great. In 2014, Cody transferred to Clarion University, where he majored in Communications with a concentration in Journalism. He performed a lot of the sports color and play-by-play commentary for the Golden Eagles’ football, basketball, wrestling, baseball, softball, and volleyball teams. He also hosted his own comedy-entertainment-style talk show called “Worry Talk”, in which he and two of his other friends would talk about everything and nothing at the same time (take it as a Seinfeld-themed radio show).
When Cody was younger, he played the trumpet, so he has always had an interest in music for his entire life. Cody has taught himself some songs on the piano, so he feels greatly proud of that. His focus though, was sports. Music was always there, but sports was where he excelled. He played baseball for 13 years, basketball for ten, and football for about five. His music love came from both of his parents, who raised him on classic rock and good oldies tunes, so it is here that he gained respect for many types of music and all artists/bands.
“I am so very excited to join Penn’s Peak Radio! I cannot wait to see what this has in store for my future. I just hope the listeners are ready for my weirdness, and wide-array of musical taste…because it’s going to be a good time.”
What do you?
- Listen to: Any and all music! I can listen to Glenn Miller, then switch to Kanye West, and then come back to Simon & Garfunkel. It is awesome!
- Watch: I like to watch a lot of sports. I’m into anything funny though. Comedy is all about who I am. What good is a day without laughter anyhow?!
- Read: Rolling Stone Magazine, Into the Wild, and poetry.
- Like: I like a nice pair of slacks (I mean that); All music; Jeeps; Sigma Phi Epsilon! ; When all the people at a bar/club perform a certain type of dance…. good times!!
- Dislike: Pessimists, and the wrong uses of your, you’re, there, their, they’re…that grinds my gears!
- Fear: The unknown. I try not to let anything fear me…as odd as that may sound.
- Have the fondest childhood memories of: Sleeping over at my grandparents’ house with my cousin; Having hardly any responsibilities as a kid; Going on special weekend trips with my parents.
We asked Cody...
How did you get into radio? While attending Lehigh Carbon Community College in 2012, a friend of mine had his own sports talk show. I got in contact with him and he encouraged me to come down and see what was happening. I met the GM of the station, Chris, and from then on I got trained and well, here I am.
What is your guilty pleasure? 1.) Pringles, and 2.) Watching Forrest Gump every time I see it on TV..
Have you ever been to jail? Yes…. but it was for a cub scout learning experience (I swear I wasn’t that bad growing up, man.)
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 things would you take with you? My cellphone, a t-shirt and shorts, and a good pillow.
If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be? Probably all four of the Beatles.
If you were going to be on a reality TV show (real or fake) what would it be?People that know me well, know I would absolutely love to be on The Amazing Race. You get to travel and see the world, plus if you win you get a million dollars. Two-birds-with-one-stone type of talk right there.
If you had a "real job" what would it be? I mean this is a real job, but….my dream job would be to work on the Tonight Show or Saturday Night Live. I just love comedy.
What's waiting for you when you get home? Lots of food, my bed, and music (records, cd’s, cassettes, and an iPod). .