Carrie has been surrounded by all things music for as long as she can remember. She was interested in radio since her childhood, and fondly remembers making mix tapes in her bedroom while listening Casey Kasem’s Top 40 Countdown on Sundays. In high school, Carrie continued making mix tapes, but used VHS instead of cassette. It was then that Carrie decided she wanted to be a DJ. She pursued a degree in broadcast communications at Millersville University, but thought she would never find a job in radio post-graduation. In 2010, Carrie started working as a mobile DJ part-time, mixing the music at weddings or bars on the weekend. After working at a nudist resort, a day care, and a call center, she landed her job at Penn’s Peak Radio in 2013.
In her spare time, Carrie enjoys outdoor activities, crate digging for rare vinyl, cooking, live music, and meeting new people.
What do You?
- Listen To: Too much to list. I try to keep an open ear and open mind.
- Watch: Jurassic Park, anything with Muppets, and lots and lots and lots of horror.
- Read: Chuck Klosterman and Bret Easton Ellis
- Like: Cats, campfires, concerts, castles, coffee, the beach, fireworks, sushi, roller coasters, records, word games, road trips, tubing, and all things summer.
- Dislike: Winter/snow, seagulls, mosquitoes, bad drivers.
- Fear: Audio equipment malfunctions.
- Have the fondest childhood memories of: My college years.
We asked Carrie...
How did you get into radio? My college education.
What is your guilty pleasure? Bad 90's music (although, I don't really feel guilty about it)
Have you ever been to jail? I've been to the old jail in Jim Thorpe!
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 things would you take with you? A knife, waterproof matches, and a sufficient supply of gin and tonic. I probably wouldn’t even try to leave!
If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be? Amy Winehouse.
If you were going to be on a reality TV show (real or fake) what would it be? Anything that has to do with travel. Get me outta here!
If you had a "real job" what would it be? Wait, I thought this was my real job…
What's waiting for you when you get home? A cat, a cocktail, and a boatload of vinyl records.