Carrie has been surrounded by all things music for as long as she can remember. She involved herself with as many activities in school that dealt with music, including chorus, marching band, jazz band, county band, musicals, lip synching contests, and even formed a girl group in junior high with her sisters and their friends (SISTERS 2!). After making the realization that musical theater would be a tough way to try to make a living, Carrie decided to major in Communications with a dual focus in Broadcasting and Public Relations at Millersville University. Although she was not TECHNICALLY involved in the college radio station, she became friends with many who did work there, expanding her knowledge of music and radio. She also did a healthy dose of "DJing" parties with mix CDs she compiled. Upon graduation, Carrie worked as a housekeeper at a nudist resort for a few months before landing a job at the Blue Ridge Communications call center, where she worked for nearly 6 years. Now, at Penn's Peak Radio, Carrie feels she is finally putting her degree to good use. Carrie is also a mobile DJ on the weekends at weddings and bars.
What do You?
- Listen To: Amy Winehouse, Radiohead, Portishead, Fiona Apple, M.I.A., Death From Above 1979, Beirut, Deadmau5, Bassnectar and anything I can shake a tail feather to!
- Watch: Anything directed by Stanley Kubrick, There Will Be Blood, Fargo, Fight Club, Death Proof, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Jurassic Park, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and a million other movies. As far as TV goes, Breaking Bad, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Dexter, Shameless, Arrested Development, Portlandia, American Horror Story, and Girls.
- Read: Chuck Klosterman and Bret Easton Ellis
- Like: Cats, campfires, concerts, castles, fireworks, sushi, rollercoasters, records, word games, road trips, tubing, and Halloween.
- Dislike: Winter/snow, seagulls, mosquitos, bad drivers
- Fear: Audio equipment malfunctions.
- Have the fondest childhood memories of: My college years
We asked Carrie...
How did you get into radio? My degree
What is your guilty pleasure? Bad 90's music (although, I don't really feel guilty about it)
Have you ever been to jail? I've been to the old jail in Jim Thorpe!
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 things would you take with you? My phone, waterproof matches, and a sufficient supply of gin and tonic.
If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be? Quentin Tarantino
If you were going to be on a reality TV show (real or fake) what would it be? something to do with travel, a show that could take me away... far away...
If you had a "real job" what would it be? What's my fake job?
What's waiting for you when you get home? A cute kitty and a cute boyfriend.